Friday, November 03, 2006

Paulo Alencar and His Brazilian All Stars - Jazza Nova (1963)

I'm making something different today, starting the show by the main attraction that was scheduled for yesterday and could not be released. This post is also the second out of a continuous series of releases in collaboration with Caetano Rodrigues.

Actually, for the past 5 days I have been thinking how could I make a public congratulation message at Loronix for the help and enthusiasm of Caetano with Loronix community. Caetano has been so nice with Loronix that a single congratulation message like this one cannot represent my feelings.

I will not resist saying that I'm a new and very happy owner of Caetano's Bossa Nova book that came with a handwriting message of Caetano that makes my copy unique. Thanks for it Caetano and welcome to our community. You are one of the great Loronix friends.

Yesterday, I was planning with Caetano all the six initial releases sent with the book. We decided that the greatest one - absolute secret to Loronixers - will be the last one. Since this is the second, stay tune during upcoming week.

This is Paulo Alencar and His Brazilian All Stars - Jazza Nova (1963), original released by Odeon as Bossa Nova Jazz - MOSD 3323. This release speaks by itself, a Jazzy LP from the early 60's with all-stars musicians on the set and arrangements of Maestro Cipo, including piano, guitar, bass, percussion, sax, and horns on a sextet. Unfortunately, musicians were not credited, even the gorgeous Ziriguidoom singer. Bossanovadreamer will enjoy it a lot, those guys blows great. Tracks include:

01 - Verbo Amar (Herivelto Martins)
02 - Idéias (Cipó)
03 - West samba (Cipó)
04 - Why do I remember (Paulo Alencar)
05 - Ziriguidoom (Monsueto)
06 - Bossa no. 2 (Radamés Gnattali)
07 - It's really bossa (Julio Barbosa)
08 - Hello America (Haroldo Barbosa)
09 - There is no reason (Cipó)
10 - Where was I (Armando Cavalcanti)