Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Manfredo Fest - Just Jobim (1998)

I had the chance to hear this LP for the first time yesterday; I did not know what I was missing. I decided to post this album as the second of our tribute to show how this record surprises me. I don't know details of Manfredo Fest biography and his association to the works of Antonio Carlos Jobim, but the first thing that came on my mind yesterday was that I had in hands a sincere and emotive tribute to Tom Jobim made by a fan, a sincere admirer of the Maestro, so great is the repertoire and so wonderful is the interpretation and details on each song. Thanks for this LP Caetano, truly amazing.

This is Manfredo Fest - Just Jobim (1998), for DMP. On top of everything I said before, this is the last Manfredo Fest LP. I use to never put my personal opinion on records at Loronix and I will make an exception this time, run for it. Period. Some tracks are not well known Jobim works and belongs to a movie soundtrack that you will hear about today, stay tuned. Tracks include:

Personnel

Manfredo Fest
(piano)

David Finck
(bass)

Cyro Baptista
(percussion)

Steve Davis
(drums)

Track List

01 - Aguas de Marco
02 - Wave
03 - Desafinado
04 - Double Rainbow
05 - Amparo
06 - Girl from Ipanema
07 - Anos Dourados
08 - Agua de Beber
09 - Ligia
10 - So Tinha que Ser com Voce
11 - Quiet Nights
12 - Luisa