Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ivan Casanova e Seus Conjuntos - Um Olhar... Uma Danca... Um Amor | aka Walter Wanderley

I love the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. I would not leave Copacabana to Ipanema, but I can make a life on a small city at Minas Gerais south region, easily. I like the way Mineiros (people that belongs to Minas Gerais) take their lives. I was there a couple of years ago for some business with birds; it is wonderful the way Mineiros makes business. I left the farm with a Mineiro and a bird to meet another Mineiro for a possible bird change. Arriving there, the Mineiros spent two hours looking to each other birds without saying a word, absolute silence. Then, they shake hands and left with no business made. I got desperate and asked why the exchange was not performed and why they did not talk to each other about the exchange. The Mineiro turn his head to me and said: "It did not happen".

What a story. That's exactly my relationship with this record for many months. Silence. The record on the shelf. I'm starring the record daily. It did not happen. But there was something familiar with that piano playing that I could not stop thinking.

A couple of days ago, the bossanovadreamer came to me with a story he read on e-bay that Ivan Casanova is Walter Wanderley. That's what I need to associate the playing with the artist and this is what zecalouro shows to your appreciation.

Is Ivan Casanova Walter Wanderley?

This is Ivan Casanova e Seus Conjuntos - Um Olhar... Uma Danca... Um Amor (from late 50's to early 60's), for Imperial. Now I will let with Loronixers to agree with zecalouro or not if Ivan Casanova is another nickname used by the Brazilian organist Walter Wanderley and this should be considered a Walter Wanderley LP. It is up to Loronixers, I think it is. Tracks include:

01 - The Man I Love (George Gershwin / Ira Gershwin)
02 - Chega de Saudade (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
03 - El Reloj (Roberto Cantoral)
04 - Love Is The Tender Trap (S. Cahn / V. Heusen)
05 - Angustia (Orlando Brito)
06 - On The Sunny Side Of The Street (D. Fields / J. McHugh)
07 - O Apito no Samba (Luis Bandeira)
08 - Aquellos Ojos Verdes (N. Menendez / A. Ultrera)
09 - No Tabuleiro da Baiana (Ary Barroso)
10 - Stormy Weather (Harold Arlen / T. Koehler)
11 - Pastorinhas (Noel Rosa / João de Barro)
12 - Te Quiero Dijiste (Maria Grever / C. Pasquale)