Sunday, February 18, 2007

Nara Leao - Meu Samba Encabulado (1983)

That's right, just came back from a Carnaval parade. I left home without the idea of engage a parade, but when I waking on the beach, the parade approaches in the opposite direction and I was dragged to it. No chance. Today, they do not use percussion instruments, assembling what we call a Bateria. They set-up a truck and install a powerfull sound system. Everything is electric and the musicians go on top of it. This idea came from Bahia and the original name of this adapted truck is Trio Eletico. Nice story that I can tell you in details sometime.

I get back home with that noise shaking my head. Just what I need to make a decision for a female singer with very sweet voice and really popular between Loronixers. I hope you approve it.

This is Nara Leao - Meu Samba Encabulado (1983), for Polygram, a late Nara Leao release, pretty different from what we use to make at Loronix, focused on earlier Nara Leao works. By the way, I was looking at Nara Leao discography, it is huge, several LPs released, mainly in the 70s. Definitively, we should get back the old Nara Leao pace at Loronix before Carnaval. Tracks include:

01 - Meu Cantar (Noca da Portela / Joel Menezes)
02 - 14 Anos (Paulinho da Viola)
03 - Relembrando (Luis Carlos da Vila)
04 - De Mal Pra Pior (Pixinguinha / Hermínio Bello de Carvalho)
05 - Há Música no Ar (Dona Ivone Lara / Delcio Carvalho)
06 - Eu e a Brisa (Johnny Alf)
07 - Como Será o Ano 2000 (Padeirinho)
08 - Isso É Brasil (José Maria de Abreu / Luis Peixoto)
09 - Fundo Azul (Nelson Sargento)
10 - Firuliu (Teca Calazans)
11 - Brasileirinho (João Pernambuco / José Leal)
12 - Quando a Saudade Apertar (Jaime Florence "Meira" / Leonel Azevedo)