Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Maysa - O Barquinho (1961) featuring O Conjunto de Roberto Menescal

Hello! Good Night! I want to make a nice start today, celebrating the sunny day we had today in Rio de Janeiro. Besides music and birds, I have another hobby that I could not give any attention in the last months, bike riding. Today I decided to change this situation; I took my old and solid recumbent bike (that crazy Zohrer 20 at the picture) and made a ride from Leme to Leblon, round trip.

In the past, it was pretty easy to ride until the top of Corcovado as piece of cake, but today, this tiny 25 Km ride was inside, I felt my heart going out of my body. I think that I need to make more exercises. Bike riding is pure fan and I hope to ride together with any Loronixer who challenges me when in Rio. Give me only two months for putting back my body at a good shape.

By the way, this is a nice photo with Carlos Drummond de Andrade statue in Copacabana holding my recumbent.

This is Maysa - O Barquinho (1961), for Columbia, featuring O Conjunto de Roberto Menescal, which is Bebeto, Luis Carlos e Helcio Milito, with arrangements by Luiz Eca and Roberto Menescal, a mandatory repost, since this album has gone out of print and it is a mandatory piece on any Bossa Nova collector shelf. Tracks include:

01 - Barquinho (Ronaldo Bôscoli / Roberto Menescal)
02 - Você e Eu (Carlos Lyra / Vinicius de Moraes)
03 - Dois Meninos (Roberto Menescal / Ronaldo Bôscoli)
04 - Recado à Solidão (Chico Feitosa)
05 - Depois do Amor (Normando / Ronaldo Bôscoli)
06 - Só Você (Mais Nada) (Paulo Soledade)
07 - Maysa (Luis Eça / Ronaldo Bôscoli)
08 - Errinho à Toa (Roberto Menescal / Ronaldo Bôscoli)
09 - Lágrima Primeira (Ronaldo Bôscoli / Roberto Menescal)
10 - Eu e o Meu Coração (Inaldo Vilarim / Antônio Botelho)
11 - Cala Meu Amor (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
12 - Melancolia (Luis Eça / Ronaldo Bôscoli)