Saturday, March 17, 2007

Azymuth - Crazy Rhythm (1987)

I'm gradually getting rid of the flu I got yesterday, quite good, only unconfortable with some back and neck pain. That's why I decided to have a sleep two hours ago while listening to this record. It was a bad idea. This album is very solid and I could not close my eyes while listening. It has been also a very long time since we released the mighty Azymuth at Loronix. Caetano also said his "Muuuuuuito BOM!", which is a guarantee to any winner album. It seems that every road leads to Azymuth, so I take this train and show this fantastic album to Loronixers.

This is Azymuth - Crazy Rhythm (1987), for Milestone, I'm confident to say that we have one of the best Azymuth albums here. They are really fantastic; the record has an exciting rhythmical atmosphere with Alex Malheiros delivering swinging bass phrases throughout the record. Azymuth has the help of renowned special guests, such as Joe Pass and Paulinho Oliveira. I hope this album makes your day tomorrow. Tracks include:

Personnel

Jose Roberto Bertrami
(piano, keyboards)
Alex Malheiros
(bass)
Ivan Conti
(drums)
Joe Pass
(guitar)
Paulinho Oliveira
(flugelhorn)

Track List

01 - Bossa Nova Usa (Dave Brubeck)
02 - Tóc de Bola (Alex Malheiros) with Aleuda
03 - Tempo a Bessa (Too Much Time) (João Nogueira) with João Nogueira
04 - Tropical Horizon (José Roberto Bertrami / Gomes)
05 - Hô-bá-lá-lá (João Gilberto)
06 - O Pescador (José Roberto Bertrami) with Aleuda
07 - Theme For Tiago (Ivan Conti "Mamão")
08 - Diza (Johnny Alf / Maurício Einhorn)