Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Special Post | A Tribute to Musicians Day - Baden Powell Mosaic

This is Loronix tribute to Musicians Day. I was with a friend today that is a graphic designer. I told him about the musician day in Brazil and he had the idea to make a photo mosaic of an artist based on Loronix LP covers. He told me how to do it and it was really simple, I took a Baden Powell picture and a collection of more than 5,000 LP images - cover, back covers, labels - that were stored on my hard disk.

He has a software that makes the correct decisions picking up individuals tiles among the 5,000 images collection and assembles it on a grid building this output that you can see above at low-res and you will have a lot of fun downloading the 2048 x 2048 original picture here (no rapidshare, direct link to image) to inspect what covers were used to build the picture.

Hope uEnjoy!