Friday, November 24, 2006

Fagner - Manera Fru-Fru, Manera (1973)

Hello, good night! This post has been planned for more than a few weeks. It is not the kind of record that you use to see at Loronix, but has a special meaning to zecalouro and I could not resist sharing.

There are several important "personal" facts surrounding this record. It was the first one that I could buy using my own money. I knew it by surprise while stepping out of a bus on a given hot week, capturing my attention at a first sight. It was also very useful to help myself on first steps toward guitar playing. It has been more than 30 years since my first hearing and this is one of the most soulful, sincere, captivating and emotional singing interpretation I could ever see in my life.

This is Fagner - Manera Fru-Fru, Manera (1973), for Philips, the first LP of this underrated Brazilian artist. There are several curious stories about this LP and I will pick up just one. As soon as the record was released, Cecilia Meirelles relatives went to court to complain about the partnership of Fagner with Cecilia Meirelles song, Canteiros, as far as I known, one of the most popular Fagner tunes of all time. The LP was reissued at the same year with another track "Cavalo Ferro", replacing Canteiros. This release is the original issue.

I hope that you will take this release with special attention since zecalouro does not use to express his feelings about an LP on such particular way. Please give us your feedback. Perhaps I'm moved with the records we received today by Caetano Rodrigues. |smile|

For the fans of Nara Leao, a special gift, she is singing with Fagner on two wonderful tracks making a nice duet with Fagner's harsh voice. Tracks include. Sorry, last minute info: you will note that track 3 has the name Penas do Tie, Philips mistake, this song is called "Voce" and was composed in 1928 by Hekel Tavares / Nair Mesquita.

01 - Último Pau-de-arara (Venâncio / Corumba / José Guimarães)
02 - Nasci Para Chorar (Born To Cry) (Dion / Dimucci / Vrs. Erasmo Carlos)
03 - Você (Hekel Tavares / Nair Mesquita / Adpt. Fagner) with Nara Leao
04 - Moto 1 (Fagner / Belchior)
05 - Mucuripe (Fagner / Belchior)
06 - Como Se Fosse (Fagner / Capinan)
07 - Pé de Sonhos (Petrúcio Maia / Brandão) with Nara Leao
08 - Canteiros (Fagner / Cecília Meireles)
09 - Sina (Fagner / Ricardo Bezerra)
10 - Tambores (Jovem Também Tem Saudade) (Fagner / Ronaldo Bastos)
11 - Serenou na Madrugada (Tradicional / Adpt. Fagner)
12 - Manera Fru Fru Manera (Fagner / Ricardo Bezerra)