Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mitchell & Ruff - A Viagem (1966)

I had this record in my collection but I never take the deserved attention to it, you know that, two American musicians making Bossa Nova with Brazilian musicians, recording in Brazil...

When I received from Caetano Rodrigues his wonderful Bossa Nova book, came to my attention that this record was highlighted on a whole page with Caetano's own comments. So I decided to give it a new try and since then I'm blaming myself everyday for not taking this LP in consideration earlier, thanks to Caetano for it.

Thanks also Mr. X that without knowing this story has recently provided a high quality vinyl rip of Mitchell & Ruff - A Viagem (1966), for Forma to Loronixers. Where everything matches, working is very easy. I will let you with personnel listing and tracks; take a special consideration to this unique release.

Personnel

Dwike Mitchell
(piano)

Willie Ruff
(bass and trompa)

Candinho, Durval Ferreira and Sergio Augusto
(guitar)

Chico Batera
(drums)

Tracks

01 - Tanto Canto (Candinho / Sergio Augusto / Luis Fernando Freire)
02 - A Chuva (Durval Ferreira / Pedro Camargo)
03 - Nós (Candinho / Luis Fernando Freire)
04 - Sonhando (Candinho / Luis Fernando Freire)
05 - E Nada Mais (Durval Ferreira / Luis Fernando Freire)
06 - Ah Você (Durval Ferreira / Luis Fernando Freire)
07 - Deixa Pra Lá (Sergio Augusto / Luis Fernando Freire)
08 - Não Deixa (Candinho / Luis Fernando Freire)
09 - Companheira (Candinho / Luis Fernando Freire)
10 - Mais Uma Vez (Sergio Augusto / Luis Fernando Freire)
11 - Sem Mais Chorar (Candinho / Luis Fernando Freire)